Everybody loves an adorable dog picture. However, taking a great pic of an excitable, squirming pup isn't always easy. If you like to share photos of your four-legged friend on Instagram, these hacks can help you take your snaps to the next level
Get your pet looking their best
Make sure your dog is ready to shine with these preparatory steps.
- Give your dog a good brushing so their coat is gleamingahead of their shoot.
- Trim your pup's nails.This is especially important if you're going to take pictures with your dog, as you don't want their nails scratching you.
- Can't handle brushing and nail-clipping yourself? No problem.Find a nearby groomer to take care of the tasks.
Invest in accessories and tools to up your Instagram game
These supplies can help make your Insta photos pop.
- Research pet products like clippers and food online viaPets Digest, so you have all the goods you need to ensure your dog looks and feels their best.
- If you're shooting outside, keep your pet comfy with the right pet clothing and accessories. For example, if you're shooting near water,a puppy life vest is great.
- When shooting with your phone, get some accessories to create better pictures.Options include a tripod stand and ring light.
Prepare for the perfect shot
Make sure your dog is an obedient model with these tricks.
- Learn how to get your dog to sit still for photos, for example by using treats to direct their attention.
- Make sure the background of the shot is free of unwanted sights—like a pile of dog poop! Bring amodern scooper to keep the space clean.
- Know how to frame photos so that your dog isfront and center.
Create a compelling post
Once you have your photo, it's time to create a great Inta post. These tools can help.
- Crop the images of your pupappropriately according to the media format, such as a post versus a story.
- Use anInstagram story template to make your photo stand out when posting online.
- Utilize hashtags todrive traffic and get traction on your posts.
Social media is flooded with dog pictures. If you want yours to stand out, you've got to go the extra mile. The above tools and tricks can help you reach the next level.
Cindy Aldridge is passionate about dogs and pets and loves sharing her thoughts and insights on being a responsible dog owner. When she isn’t busy writing, she spends all her time with her two fluffy golden retrievers.Photo by Yuliya Strizhkina
How to Take Great Pictures of Your Dog for Instagram
- July 20, 2022
Related Blog Posts
Dogs are beloved members of the family, and it’s important to make sure that they stay healthy and fit. There are many ways to keep your pup in tip-top shape, from providing a balanced diet to spending quality time with them. Here are some tips for keeping your dog happy and healthy, courtesy ofCurbicus.
As more assisted living communities are noticing how having a furry companion by their side benefits older adults, seniors planning to move into a retirement home don’t have to worry about having to leave their beloved pets behind. Here, Curbicus has put together some tips to help you find the right facility and make the transition as smooth as possible for you and your furry companion:
Have you ever been playing with your dog or they’re giving you kisses and you suddenly get a whiff of their stinky breath? Well, that could be because their teeth need to be cleaned! Yes, you read that right! Dogs’ teeth, just like every other part of them, require special care and cleaning their teeth can even make their breath stink a little bit less! It’s a win for both you and your pup.